Monday, May 7, 2018

I've Been Reading Stampington Magazines Again

Yes, you've come to the right place. Sometimes, I just need to get my shabby chic on...stretch my wings...get funky...go wild!




Also, I wanted to die cut some fabric because I'd never done that before. It was fun. And I love the texture. But the card evolved from those two fabric leaves into something, well, different for me.

Kraft paper? Lace? A button? Kraft paper?




And seriously, this card will need a bubble envelope to mail. That button is HUGE!

Let's just call this my brief flirtation with an "abundant" phase. Tomorrow's card will compensate...and likely make some of you itch with all the white space.

I'm unpredictable like that. Avant-garde, even.

Wow. Delusion much, Raihala?

Whatever.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and laughter,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Leave It Be and Keep It Simple Thank You; unknown script
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey kraft, white
accessories: brown and white muslin, lace, button, twine, score-tape, coordinating dies, a dash of Stampington inspiration

7 comments:

  1. Ha!!
    You are a hoot! I love this card. You did a great job with that shabby chic that is soo not you......or maybe some days it is!!
    Thanks! Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I have been following you for years and you did this just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Well done! Perhaps a shabby chic series is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Still with your special simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The textures and colors all work really well together! The fabric makes fantastic leaves. It's fun to do something different from time to time—and this design is still so you, with the arrangement as well as the fact that it looks clean and simple despite the layers. I can definitely see the Stampington heritage of the design, though, and that's fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is my kind of card! I am one of your long time readers who still is not comfortable with my cards having an abundance of white space. Your's are always lovely, mine just look unfinished HA! This one is perfection! Thanks for the warning for tomorrows card. I will have my anti-itch cream handy. :)
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  7. L-O-V-E love this card, Susan. I have a shabby chic chromosome and love the look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!