Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Hugs

Serendipity led to today's card. While rummaging through my shadow stamp box, I found this old, old polka-dot circle stamp from Hero Arts. I can't even remember the last time I used it.

Then, this card happened.



Pinks and greens go perfectly together! What a simple, clean, fun card, and so useful for a variety of situations. That polka-dot circle provides a lovely, open frame for whatever tiny design you want to create!

What I didn't realize was how quickly I would need this card, which was originally intended for Karen's Card Shop but will now go to a dear friend of mine desperately in need of a paper hug.

Which is, in fact, the real reason we engage in all the madness of collecting, storing, organizing, and sometimes actually using all these supplies. To lift someone up, to create a little bit of love to share with them...a noble cause that shifts our focus from perfection of design to perfection in love.

John Wesley* would have liked that, I think.



Go make a hug for someone ASAP. Put it in an envelope, address and stamp it, send it.

That's what it's all about.

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and hugs,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts and others (honestly don't remember!)
ink: various dye inks
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: heart rhinestones

*John Wesley was the founder of the Methodist movement in Protestant Christianity. I belong to the United Methodist Church. His name came up several times today. You might say I have Wesley-on-the-Brain. If you were odd. Like me.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite card this year! So happy and heartfelt...love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone posted this awhile back. I’ve kept to share on my blog posts about cards.

    “Handmade cards because:
    No one displays an email on the mantle
    Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
    Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures “

    I love making cards and mailing them to friends and family. Happy mail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!