Saturday, November 25, 2017

Fresh Take on an Old Set

I have no idea why Mehndi Medallions called my name, but it did, and I pulled it out to play. Paired with a Hero Arts ombre inkpad, it looks fresh and funky and perfect for my niece.


The design here started off an echo of this manly Christmas card, but I opted for a smaller, cleaner sentiment panel.  Instead of centering the sentiment panel as I originally intended, I stuck it to the side, in the the sweet spot (horizontally one third up from the bottom and vertically covering two thirds from the left edge). This location adds some energy to the design...centering tends to make everything look stable and secure (a perfectly acceptable option for that silent night Christmas card, but not so much for a teenager's birthday card).

The ombre effect of the background is fun and interesting (and busier than I usually make), but it's balanced by the simple, clean sentiment panel. The crisp, serif font looks great with the medallions, too.

A bit of bling in the centers of the medallions, and it's fit for fun!

I also made a coordinating envelope.




Now that Thanksgiving is finished, I'm getting started on Christmas decorating. We're going to get our tree tomorrow (we cut down a tree at a tree farm every year we're in town for Christmas). It's a bit earlier than usual, but my husband is having exploratory knee surgery next week and might not be fit for scrambling around a giant tree farm afterward.

I've nixed the idea of another Treezilla like last year. We'll get something more suited to the space and less, ahem, expansive.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey 
ink: Hero Arts
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: rhinestones, craft foam, glue



1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!