Sunday, September 17, 2017

Wishful Thinking

Today's fall birthday card makes me long for last week's weather. We had a glorious, week-long glimpse of autumn weather, and autumn is my favorite season. Now we are back to summer weather, however, and it's a bit sticky.

But here's my card. Warm fall colors give me hope for crisp fall days!



The vibrant colors are from Peerless Watercolors, which get my vote for affordable, rich color. They are easy to use, too. The leaves and sentiment were embossed in white and painted over.




Watercolor papers tend to be cream rather than white, but this paper is excellently white...I think it's Tim Holtz.

Today's card is destined for one of the many fall birthdays in my family.

And now for some Cooper pictures. Because, you know, puppies have a lot to do with stamping.

The escape artist made it through. Not for many
more weeks, though. He's growing so fast!

Sleeping under my chair.

"There's nothing wrong with liking a cool breeze!"
Cooper really enjoys sleeping on AC vents.


Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Masculine Motifs
ink: embossing ink
paper: watercolor paper (probably Tim Holtz) and Papertrey white
accessories: Embossing Buddy, white embossing powder, heat gun, Peerless Watercolors, brush, water caddy

3 comments:

  1. Those colors are gorgeous! I particularly like that vivid scarlet.

    My dog, an Akita who will be ten this November, loves lying against AC vents too. She has worn the finish off the floor by her favorite vent from so many years of sprawling by it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this card! Peerless watercolors intimidate me -- I've got some still untouched because I'm not sure how much water to use so I don't make a mess. I would love to make a card like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the white images atop the water colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!