Monday, September 4, 2017

Autumn Greetings

After pulling out some fall stamp sets, I decided to make an autumnal version of the Mother's Day card I posted in May.

The results are fabulous!


The berries were stamped in Memento canteloupe, which is a pale orange, and then accented with two colors of darker orange Smooch and paprika Stickles. I love it with the Stickles instead of bling (although bling is always amazing!). There's a softer effect that works for fall...at least for me.




I tried to use the StampinUp banner dies that Eva gave me, but the largest was too small. This is a variation on the sentiment problem: you never have exactly the right size sentiment or exactly the right font. Dies, I suspect, are the same.

Anyway, all is well with Cooper. He's an amazingly chill puppy, so calm and relaxed. I suspect he's going to be extremely lazy. Perhaps neither of our two retrievers will retrieve.




Supplies
stamps: Papertrey A Wreath for All Seasons, Hero Arts Autumn Blessings
ink: Memento canteloupe; Archival potting soil
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: dimensionals, Smooch, Stickles

8 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty! I love Wreath for All Seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I really love the wreath for all seasons from Papertrey Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Fall wreath! And yes, size can definitely be an issue with dies. It can be a bit frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cooper looks adorable! Gotta love puppy breath, don't you? :) Love the reminder that wreaths are only for Christmas! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other people's dogs are adorable I am a cat person however! The wreath card is a fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Your post of this lovely fall card reminds me that less truly can be more! Congrats on your new addition to the family --- That puppy just won the lottery on finding the best new home EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new puppy! Thanks for the pictures...getting my dog fix. Oh, and I like your fall wreath. This is why everyone loves you, great crafting AND dogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!