Sunday, September 10, 2017

A Bunch of Thanks

Recently, Patti M., Peg M., and Lisa I. sent a combined 114 cards for Karen's Card Shop. Here are a few of the lovely cards they sent.


Lisa did an awesome job coloring several of these incredibly cute
cow images.

She also created some lovely backgrounds using a
variety of techniques. This was one of my favorites.
And what a great sentiment!


Peg M. sent a bunch of cute cards. I adore the
hedgehogs, and this one is just darling.


Peg warmed my heart with her sweet coffee card!

Patti M. does a particularly amazing job with
color on her cards. This background makes me
happy just to look at it, and the sentiment is
icing on the cake.


Patti's monochromatic beauty uses a fabulous
acrylic dot to accent the focal point perfectly!

Many, many thanks to Patti, Lisa, and Peg for contributing to Karen's Card Shop! If you're wondering what Karen's Card Shop is, please check out this page. If you want to contribute, please consider the following criteria:

  1. Buyers can't look at the inside of the card in its clear bag, so please leave the inside blank. 
  2. We mainly sell sympathy, get well, birthday, and thank you cards. Other themes simply don't sell as well. We ALWAYS need sympathy cards.
  3. I have envelopes and clear cellophane bags to package the cards, so save postage and just send the cards. I'll take care of everything else.

Right now, we have enough of everything except sympathy. I'll keep you posted if the need changes.

Stampers are the most generous people out there. Thank you all who have contributed to our church's card shop so much! We've made almost $900 for our general fund in about 15 months. Yay!

Additional thanks are due to Sheila H., who very kindly sent me a die set and embossing folder last week! I've already made a card with the die set, which includes one flower die and two embossing dies.


It took a bit of experimentation to get the embossing dies to work, but as beautiful as they were in plain white, I knew they wouldn't show up on a photo, so I pulled out my brayer and colored them in these bright, happy colors, added a bit of bling to the centers, and arranged them in a visual triangle around a happy sentiment!

Thank you, Sheila, for sending me such wonderful happy mail!

I've been looking at buying some dies to go with sets I already have and a few new-to-me stamp/die combos. But I'm moving v-e-r-y slowly. Thank you all who commented on my Cuttlebug post with advice. Truly, this is uncharted territory for me, and I don't want to go all crazy nuts buying stuff I'll use once and forget about. I'm striving for sensible spending, which certainly has gotten easier over the years.

What an expensive learning curve, though. *sigh*

Mercy, grace, peace, love, and muchas gracias!
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts
ink: Ranger cheese puff, grape soda; Archival black, vibrant fuschia
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: flower die and embossing die, dimensionals, rhinestones, brayer

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you liked my small gift, Susan. Those flowers look wonderful on your card. As always, happy crafting! And I wish you continued success with Karen's Card Shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!