Monday, January 16, 2017

Fluttering Fun

Valentine's Day is coming up, so of course I had to make a bunch of pink and red cards for Karen's Card Shop at church. Here's one that set my heart aflutter!



The Color-Layering Butterflies set from Hero Arts is lots of fun (and easy to line up, unlike some two- or three-step stamps). I started with the sentiment and added the butterflies in a fluttery visual triangle. The pink and red are lovely and vibrant when offset by touches of black.

For a little something to catch the eye, I added a couple of red heart-shaped gemstones to the smallest butterfly. Oh so sweet!



Do you make Valentine's Day cards to send? Do you make them for your children to give in school?

Inquiring minds, and all that.

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,
Susan

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Color-Layering Butterflies
paper: Papertrey white
ink: Archival pink peony, red geranium, black
accessories: red heart-shaped rhinestones

15 comments:

  1. Oh I just love your placement of the butterflies and how you took in consideration their sizes. Love the red and pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello mf...haven't had a chance to wish you a Happy New Year!
    Hope you are well. Love your card..so Spring-like. I can't wait for Spring, at least I could be out with my little ones. Here in Ontario, it is raining and there is snow so not great to be playing in that!
    Looking so forward to what magic you will bring us this year.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made it my mission for years to send Valentines to girlfriends; they are almost all divorced or widowed at this point in my life. I feel that is a way to take care of each other. Love is much bigger than romantic. Love is love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susan, for the cheerful and whimsical butterflies, and thank you, Janet, for reminding me to send valentines to all the people in my life whom I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Yes, I love to send Valentines to the ones I love all over the US. Any reason to send a card or no reason at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet. I do like these butterflies and that they have bodies and antennae. I send a few Valentine's cards but not as many as I used to. One is the postage cost and the other is... I just don't make as many to send.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your butterflies. I make valentines for my family every year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do make valentines for my friends and family. It's the same list that gets Thanksgiving cards. Not as big as the Christmas card list. Just the inner circle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!