Thursday, December 1, 2016

A Blossom of Leaves

As soon as I noticed the flower on this pin (lotus? water lily?), I had to play with the idea. Out came Papertrey's Beautiful Blooms II, and the three leaves in the set became petals.





Soft, pretty, watery shades of greenish blue...so pretty! A little sparkle of rhinestone and shimmer of a silver border, and a birthday card was born.

If you're lucky enough to carve out some stamping time this weekend, try searching through Pinterest for some small image you can duplicate. It's fun!

Mercy, grace, peace, and love,

Susan




Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Beautiful Blooms II and Birthday Basics
ink: Hero Arts pool, mint julep, intense black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: craft foam, glue, rhinestone, silver metallic marker

7 comments:

  1. Great idea and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graceful and peaceful. The leaf shapes make a beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this, Susan!!! The colors are so lovely, and I'm quite smitten with the tiny silver border around all of that white space! My Christmas cards for church this year have that border :) Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is exquisite, Susan! I think I could find something similar in my stash that I could use for my stamp club at the end of the month. A couple of the guests are very new to stamping and this would be easy for them. And so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card Susan, the created image reminds me of Lotus flowers, the design is great.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!