Sunday, April 24, 2016

More Art

Playing around with the Jumbo Abstract Art set from My Favorite things...lots of fun!



The card and envelope combo repeats a color combination from an Inspiration Challenge post I did a few weeks ago, but using a couple of new ink pads: Hero Arts hybrid tangerine and mulled wine.

I haven't conditioned these stamps yet, but the blotchiness of the ink works with the whole concept, so I'm not fussed. The inks are really lovely, rich colors.




The sentiment comes from a Hero Arts set called Create by Lia. The lines on the envelope are from Simon Says Stamp's Envelope Sentiments.



Yesterday's card is going to my mother, but today's will go to one of my Stephen Ministry friends who is also a counselor and art therapist.

My son Nick just wrapped up his role as The Cop in the high school musical Footloose. He's the guy in the middle with the striped shirt, sitting next to the lead, whom he chews out a few scenes later. So proud of my son and all the cast, crew, and musicians. It's amazing what a whole bunch of high school students, parent volunteers, musicians, and teachers can accomplish. Everybody cut footloose!


Supplies
stamps: MFT, Hero Arts, Simon Says
ink: Hero Arts, Memento Luxe black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: envelope, corner rounder

5 comments:

  1. Fun seeing you use these splashes; I would not have thought of you doing that. I like the colors together as the card makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree with Jeanne. I would not imagine you doing a card like this. But I love it! Great colors. It is a good example of the Rule of Thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great card! And thanks for sharing the pic of your stage star! I totally LOVE high school musicals -- the kids never cease to amaze me with their talent and enthusiasm! Happy Monday! hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!