Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Fun with Punches: Part 2

In yesterday's post, I used Martha Stewart hydrangea punches for a layered focal point that took advantage of some rather dark purples and greens (shown below, right) stamped using a Kaleidacolor Vineyard pad and large shadow stamp. Today's layered, punched focal point is lighter and brighter, using the greens-and-blues Kaleidacolor Calypso panel (bottom left).


My first instinct for the Calypso colors was aquatic, but I really, really needed a card to send to the daughter of my friend who passed away in November. My friend loved butterflies and actually participated in an effort to save an endangered moth here in Ohio. Using a butterfly made more sense.


Now, I'd never thought to layer butterfly punches, but the hydrangea punches were designed to be layered, and that put layering in my brain. So I made this card, which also uses Martha Stewart punches.




Some of you may be breaking out in hives at the thought of all that white space, but I adore this clean-and-simple card with its linear, clean, right-justified sentiment and askew, curvy, bejeweled butterfly. More importantly, I think my friend's daughter will love it.

Note that the sentiment on yesterday's card was stamped in espresso truffle because the black was just too harsh. With the brighter shades of green on the butterfly, however, the high-contrast black is perfect. It pops!

Check out your punch and/or die stash for the same image in various sizes. Are any suitable for layering? Experiment! Play around! See what happens! Let your creative freak flag fly!

Up tomorrow, something different with the purple-and-pink panel....

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Everyday Blessings, Hero Arts shadow
ink: Kaleidacolor Calypso, Memento Luxe black
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: glue pen, Martha Stewart butterfly punches, rhinestones, Bic marker to color the rhinestones, water spritzer


3 comments:

  1. Simply put: beautiful, love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a beauty. I didn't see your last card. Wondering why!! It's a beauty also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think I need to make some butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!