Sunday, November 9, 2014

Shocking!!!! A Colored Card Base

Let's start the week with a lime green card, just to shake things up a bit and to remind everyone that white space doesn't actually have to be white. It simply needs to be empty.

size: 5.5" x 3.5"

I tried putting these three inchies on a white base and they looked blah, but on the lime they pop right off! The ink here is Brilliance thyme and poppy. Here's a close-up so you can see the iridescence:





Measurements for Ornaments
Several people have asked for measurements for the ornaments I've posted, so I'm going to give them to you. BUT I encourage you to work with whatever scraps you have and design to the size and shape of the scraps. You can always trim and adapt as needed. That's what I do.

Anyway, the library pocket ornament template with measurements is here:

The tabs are 3/8" each. Score along
dotted lines.
This template will fit the old, discontinued SU library card that came in a big, expensive set (was it Office Accoutrements or Stamp of Authenticity?).

The dimensions for the pinecone and baker's twine book marks are 1.5" x 5.5".

I'll be posting some more book marks (a.k.a. ornaments) and will include the dimensions with those posts. But seriously, feel free to flex the measurements to suit whatever size stamps you have!

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (discontinued old ornament stamp), Papertrey Peaceful Pinecone and Holly Jolly
ink: Brilliance
paper: Papertrey white, unknown lime
accessories: red rhinestones, dimensionals, 1" square punch

4 comments:

  1. What? White space doesn't have to be white, and a green card base? Oh no! What happened to our Susan? lol. Such an adorable inchie card. I love the ornament image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked! I expected green layers for the squares, but not a green card base. It works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when color comes into play! Susan this beautiful card is spot on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly stunning, Susan! I love everything about it and can picture it vibrating on the mantle as the extraordinary card among cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!