Monday, October 20, 2014

Keeping Thanks Simple: Day 2

For this second card using the Keeping It Simple: Thanks set from Papertrey, I decided to use the sentiment without an image but with a little color change to spice things up.


This stamp uses two weights of the same font...a nice, clean sans-serif font in regular and bold. The difference in weight throws the emphasis of the two words "thank you" clearly onto the "you." By repeating the sentiment and using color to emphasize the "you" even more, I created a card all about "YOU."

Surely you have thanks to give to someone who by his or her very nature deserves thanks...not just for what they do or what they give, but for who they are.

Here's the perfect card for that special person!

And yes, I screwed up my first attempt by forgetting to ink the stamp on the two pads, and inked the whole thing on the charcoal. Grrr.

But we got there on the second attempt.

Really. One must pay attention when one stamps. One simply must.

Lining up these three sentiments, however, was easy with the gridded acrylic block. I started with the bottom image and worked my way up, aligning the already-stamped sentiment with the white line a half-inch below the new image. That way, I have exactly the same space between the top two images and between the bottom two images.

Reason #86 you need gridded acrylic blocks!



Supplies
stamps: Papertrey
ink: Hero Arts charcoal, fresh peach
paper: Papertrey white
accessories: gridded acrylic block

5 comments:

  1. read griddled instead of gridded...the mind froze as I could not make the connection between stamping and pancakes!!!! then catch and release the thought and aha GRIDDED BLOCKS...keep talking I'll catch up!!!!
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! And thanks for the link to the stamp set. It helps. Which gridded block do you use? I saw the Tim Holtz set and bought it, only to discover that they are so thin that they are not easy to grip - and easy to get your fingers dipped in ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep that little color on the YOU is perfect Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Susan! This is the ultimate clean and simple thank you. So clean and bold. Love it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I hope you salvaged your first attempt?! That could be turned into a perfectly wonderful card. Something entirely different than your original intent. I like to think of that as serendipity.

    I completely agree. Gridded blocks rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!