Tuesday, September 23, 2014

OLS#9 Hip to Be Square

Ardyth's One-Layer Simplicity Challenge was perfect for me, and it's so sad that September has been a crazy month for me so that I'm just now getting to play along, here on the last day! There are a lot of cards posted to that challenge, and they are fabulous, so click on over and see what others have done with squares on their cards!

My entry uses a stamp from my new set Ombre Builders (Papertrey). I'm working my way through all the stamps in that set, and oh how I love them! I'm particularly enjoying using my many Kaleidacolor pads with them, and for today's card, I combined the OLS#9 and my Thanksgiving Crusade Challenge to make this simple card:


This card is 3.5" x 6.5", which fits into an envelope I bought at Marco's Paper, which has a brick-and-mortar store 15 minutes from my house.

In retrospect, I wish I'd oriented the colors to start with green and move toward orange. That would make more sense. Alas, sometimes such nuances of design pop into my head too late. But still, it's a fun use of the Kaleidacolor pad called Autumn Leaves, don't you think?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Keep It Simple Thanksgiving, Ombre Builders
ink: Kaleidacolor
paper: Papertrey
accessories: not a blessed one

6 comments:

  1. LOVE this - graphic yet warm and autumnal! Glad you got to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that card. I just ordered another Kaleidacolor pad yesterday in fall-ish colors. I think I wiped out the other one I had doing some fall postcards for a swap. Of course, the ones I have I've had for many years...but they still work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors! Still jealous you get to live 15 min from Marco's Paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so Autumn! The little squares are cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!