Monday, October 28, 2013

Shimmery Christmas Cards

Today's cards are a trio of Christmas simplicity that may become mass-produced if I don't get my butt in gear and make more Christmas cards.




These three cards use two different clear sets from Hero Arts: Merry Christmas Trees for the sentiment and Swirl Christmas for the images. The images are accented with tiny metallic half beads, but those are optional. Never underestimate the power of swirly, pretty images! These stamped in the shimmer of the Brilliance ink really do stand nicely all by themselves.

I'm loving the Dew Drop metallic Brilliance inks and the pearlescent thyme and poppy. The metallics especially are over-inked, however, so I use an old fake credit card from junk mailings to scrape off the excess and then smoosh it back into the pad when I finish. It's annoying and messy, but I imagine these over-inked pads will last a good, long time.

On another, somewhat related note...I'm contemplating what I want to say about Christmas and crafting, and it's still rather disjointed and incoherent. I'll get there. Just know I haven't forgotten about it.

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts Merry Christmas Trees, Swirl Christmas
ink: Brilliance
paper: Papertrey White
accessories: metallic half beads

9 comments:

  1. OHHHHHH!! I'll take about 70! (and if I actually sent out Christmas cards this year, everyone would likely think the world is coming to an end! Yes, I gave that up about 3-5 years ago (I can't even remember when!) to save my very limited sanity!! But!! These designs are making me consider attempting once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards :) love the same layout with different images

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Merry Christmas sentiment is so pretty with the flourishes. Combined with the swirl images, it makes elegant cards. I wish I owned those sets...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration for someone like me who needs to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE them, especially the bold red sentiment - so festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that sentiment is gorgeous enough to use as a focal point!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!