Sunday, July 7, 2013

Using Lots of Different Colors and Keepin' It CAS

I know I usually stick with one or two colors on a card, and then black or brown for a sentiment. When I feel really crazy, I use three or four colors. But today's card shows you can use FIVE colors plus brown or black and still keep it CAS.





The trick is to clearly define each color and leave a whole lotta white space. The colors are VersaColor paprika, khaki, topaz, scarlet, and bamboo. The brown is pinecone. Notice that the first and last circles in the row are both paprika. That helps frame the design, and the straight line of circles, with polka dots lined up gives order to rather busy color and, well, busy polka dots.

And yes, I trimmed about an eighth inch off the right side to make the edges even. That's not cheating...it's creative problem solving!

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

Supplies
stamps: Clearly Besotted You Are, Hero Arts Year Round Sentiments
ink: VersaColor
paper: Papertrey Ink white
accessories: corner rounder

7 comments:

  1. Spectacular card! All the colors work so well together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Susan. You rebel, more than 2 colours - go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. Such a bright colors. It makes me happy. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Polka dot perfection ... I love it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this design! Thanks for the creative inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your color combination, Susan. The ultimate in CAS.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!