Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Time on My Hands

I realized that my new set Time from Uniko has several clock images that I've not used yet because I've been so busy using the spirograph flowers, so here are three cards about time.


4.25" square card
The square card uses circle punches to frame a simple clock face. The multiple layers of white are fresh and clean, and the clock face is classic Roman with a fun twist of the spirograph flower.




Here we have a dude card, complete with pocket watch, olive and dark red color scheme, a triangle of dark red brads, and a few abstract gears to fill in the empty spaces. The raised panel is off-center to add interest.


Finally, we have a patriotic thinking of you card. The red metal thingy isn't a brad; it's a nail head. I thought this card would be perfect for Operation Write Home.

And there you have it...what I've done with some time on my hands.

Supplies
stamps: Uniko Time
ink: Memento (Cards 1 and 3); Brilliance (Card 2)
paper: Papertrey
accessories: circle punches, dimensionals, nail head, corner rounder, rhinestone, brads




8 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I particularly like the second card - it's perfect for a man. I like the varied red elements on each card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Circles within circles ... and more circles ... just glorious! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, these are all "dude-friendly", which is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the design element of stacked circles. Is that a spirograph flower you snuck into the middle of the clock face? Perfect! I think my favorite is the middle one which I, female that I am, would love receiving. Yes, it's one you could send to a guy, but some of us don't have pink in our personally likable color schemes. I'm sure OWH will be thrilled to get the patriotic card. Whoever sends it wouldn't have to add much but their name and a nice closing sentiment. The sentiment and image on the front say all that's needed to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the inspiration. I've been card making for roughly a year and just learned of OWH. All these cards seem to me to be beautiful, gender-neutral, and CAS - perfect for OWH. I'd like to make sketches from them to remind me of great layouts for cards appropriate to OWH.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!