Sunday, April 21, 2013

Inspired by Julie Masse

The always-talented Julie Masse published a card in the recent Stamp It 3 Ways that knocked my socks off. The colors and the layout both struck me as awesomely CASE-able.

Card by Julie Masse, please ignore my copyright tag

My CASE (Copy and Share Everything) is pretty close to the original in everything but stamp style and proportions. While Julie went with vintage, distressed border images that provide a really excellent contrast to the strong sentiment, I had only crisper images to work with in my hoard. Note the difference in the overall feel of my card...and how stamp style can change of the feel of a card. A LOT.





The Dot Spot set from Papertrey has only one problem...there are larger spots and small ones, but not much in the middle. This lead me to change the proportions of Julie's card considerably. To make my smaller circles stand a little stronger, I chose a slightly brighter blue than Julie used, and brought attention to the smaller, lighter sentiment by leaving out the bling in the circle where the tail of the "y" points.

What a great card for OWH, don't you think?

Many, many thanks to Julie Masse for sharing her talent in Stamp It 3 Ways and providing such wonderful inspiration!!!!!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Backgroud Basics, Dot Spot
ink: Memento
paper: Papertrey
accessories: large rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. I'm so enjoying this 'series' of CASE-ing you're doing ... love how your versions of the inspiration cards are so crisp and fresh ... so inspiring! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like yours better than the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like your card more than the inspiration card. I like the clean, crisp look of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the punny twist of your card - a real eyecatcher!
    Greetings, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!