Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thank You Inspired by LLBean Catalog Colors

As soon as the latest LLBean catalog showed up in my mailbox, I knew I HAD to make a card inspired by the greens and yellows on the cover. So I made this:




What a fun color combo...and one I can't imagine doing without the inspiration cover.

How-To Tips: I didn't want to use markers to color the houses because they tend to leave unsightly lines on large expanses of rubber. So I used small post-it notes to mask off everything but the house I wanted to ink, then inked up the one color with the dew drop pad, then removed the post-its, then stamped using my stamp positioner so everything stayed nice and straight. It was a bit tedious with four colors, but it worked great!

What print ads or catalogs have inspired your creativity lately?

Supplies
stamps: Hero Arts (house row), Papertrey (scallop border, Faux Ribbon), StampinUp (sentiment)
ink: Memento
paper: PTI
accessories: post-its to mask the houses for inking, stamp positioner to stamp the houses

13 comments:

  1. love how this came out -- the little scallop line on the bottom is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool colors - and I, too, like the scallop. I'll have to be on the lookout for color inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This worked beautifully.
    The IKEA catalog is sitting on my counter waiting for me to have a chance to stamp in their pale lime green and white colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore stamped or die cut single or rows of houses or buildings. Your color combo is so nature inspired, and I like the end result of your "a bit tedious" stamping. I agree that the little scallop under the row of houses, looks great. Fantastic card! I have recently been inspired by product packaging, especially some tissue boxes I've seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST A TAD TEDIOUS BUT THE OUTCOME SPECTACULAR
    BLESSINGS
    PATTI MOFFETT

    ReplyDelete
  6. TRULY lovely in every way! I know how you feel that you just HAVE to make a card from the inspiration of L L Bean catalog! Lucky us to see this masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I'd have the patience to stamp each image separately. But, maybe... I just got a stamp with 3 different butterflies in a row and I've been wondering how I'll make it suit my stamping style. I may have to try this technique.

    As for catalogs... they inspire me to shop. I guess I just prefer to come up with my own color combos. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a wee bar of soap from a hotel, mainy kraft colored with a band of robin's egg blue, was my most recent inspiration from the world of printed materials...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome Susan. I LOVE this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh definitely worth the fiddle Susan - it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, I would not have thought of those colours without the inspiration either, a fabulous job, Gay xx
    p.s bit behind with my posting sorry, I'll get there soon, sorry :0) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors and appreciate the effort you put into it so it would be perfect. I get lots of inspiration from fancy business-type portfolio mailers and the few catalogs I allow into the house anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done and lovely colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!