Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Orange You Glad You Stopped By...

*groan*

Today's card features orange, a happy color. I used to hate orange but now it's one of my favorites to use with lots of white.




My card was vaguely inspired by this cake I found on Pinterest. I started off trying to follow the cake design more literally, and then went winging off in another direction. I wish I could recreate the thought process, but it was pretty random and disjointed.

However I got here, I sure like the results!

Tips for getting this look: Make sure your lines are the same distance from the left and bottom edges for both horizontal and vertical. If they're not the same, it will throw off the balance and look random and disjointed.

Just because my thought process is random and disjointed doesn't mean the card can be.  

What do you think?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey (Faux Ribbon, Modern Basics)
ink: Memento tangelo
paper: Papertrey White
accessories: flower punch, half pearl, gridded acrylic block for aligning the line stamps

26 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Susan! If you turned it 45 degrees, it would look like a necklace with pendant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about orange. After decades of not liking it, I'm really starting to dig it. I even bought an orange shirt. gasp! Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That orange really makes a statement against the white card. Beautifully done, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a great card love the orange

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it. So cute and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do I think? I think it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange is one of my favorite colors these days too! LOVE the orange against the white! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I use a lot of orange. It always kind of surprises me with how nice it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this graphic, cool design! And orange is the colour of the year, so you're right on trend! Definitely going to explore this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I REALLY like this card, and I love it in orange. The flower would do a great job of masking the spot where my lines won't exactly meet! And off-setting the sentiment is really eye-catching. Love this, Susan. CAS, elegant, and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny, I have never liked orange either. You might just change my mind! Thanks, Susan, for all your inspirations - cards and writings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really awesome card...LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your thought processes are fascinating! They led to a really fabulous design for a card!! But orange is still my least favourite colour - always has been and probably always will be. Give me blue any day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a pretty card. i know what you mean about orange. i never used to like red, but now i seem to be drawn to red accents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always enjoyed the color orange (my kitchen was orange, yellow and green in the 70's)and love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this! I'm another who used to dislike orange, but now rather likes it. I think some of that might be Pioneer Woman's influence on me. And another thing about your card: A diagonal sentiment!!!!! My brain is exploding.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As a matter of fact, I am glad I stopped by today -- and every other day I'm able to get a little caught up. I love orange, but have a friend who almost gets sick when seeing it. It's kind of like I am with lavender (love the smell; just don't like the color, except in the garden). This will be another CASE for me, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it. I like the cake that was your inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this simple, eye-catching design...

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like this card! The orange lines are so crisp they almost look dimensional. And look at you, punching stuff out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!