Friday, April 6, 2012

The OLW85 InLinkz Button and Other Stuff

The OLW85 InLinkz button is up and running on the sidebar. Sorry that took so long.

Today's Simply Jane card reflects the way I want my life to look...serene, peaceful, pretty.




This, however, is what my life really looks like:




See, my life looks upside down, just like my dining room table. The bolts on one leg are stripped after eight moves, and the picture alerts me to just how wretched and worn the upholstery is on the chairs. My bolts are stripped and my upholstery is worn after ten moves...and I'll be perfectly happy when I've screwed myself together and recovered myself. Military life wears a person down!

My house looks like...well, I don't know what it looks like, exactly, but it's a mess. We slept on real beds last night, which was delightful. My husband burst out in song when he came home from work yesterday..."Reunited, and it feels so gooood!"

I alternate between giggles of glee and wanting to burst into tears at the sheer quantity of work to be finished before we can find the stinking extension cord so I can hang curtains with my corded drill. If we'd bought a cordless drill years ago, we'd now be unable to find the charger, so whatever the case, I'd be, well let's just go ahead and commit a pun, screwed.

Today's card is a serene reflection of the order and dignity I crave at the moment. It also reflects the limitations of Memento's original line of inks. The baby blue is too light, and I hope, hope, hope the new colors fill in that gap in the blues. We shall see.

No amount of personal chaos, however, could make me forget that this is Good Friday or that Sunday I will sing, with countless other voices, the old Charles Wesley hymn Christ the Lord is Risen Today.

Happy Easter!

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Ink (Simply Jane)
ink: Memento
paper: PTI white
accessories: small pearls, corner rounder



16 comments:

  1. You write so well !
    Beautiful card and I simply adore that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card will end being one my all-time favorites. It is so very beautiful. I do understand your frustrations. Been there, am there. Glad you have that gorgeous new home to house your well-loved furniture. I'm celebrating with you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a Happy and Blessed Easter to you too...and yes, looking forward to singing that hymn as well....and really laughed at your DH's comment about being reunited......and you are not alone in the mess. I am just about like yourself in the crying laughing thing....I was working in one bedroom.(it's now painted and ready for the new carpet...heading to Ikea for new wardrobes and bed etc next week)...moved all my stuff out of it around the house....my DH is 'de-cluttering' his stuff in the bedroom I'm moving to...I'm stripping paper off these walls and he's doing his slow best to get rid of endless boxes of stuff so I can re-organise my craft stuff in this bedroom.....I am so fed up with it all but must push myself on. Hope you get the table sorted for Sunday lunch...and I've family coming too....cooked some things this morning and will do more tomorrow....the grandchildren are in France skiing but will be home to hunt for their Easter eggs in the garden...when I get them covered in cling film and hidden on Sunday before church...and it's to be wet! Sorry folks, this has rambled on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Order will come so enjoy your Easter weekend. I was singing Wesley's hymn this morning on our walk. That's Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sympathize with the moving chaos. I have not moved nearly as many times as you have but I find the whole process unsettling and something I wish to avoid if at all possible.

    The first thing I noticed about your picture is that we have the same rug in our living room!!

    Thank you for the mention of the hymn; I will now be singing it in my head all day and what better way to keep my heart and thoughts focused on the joy of this holiday! Happy Easter! He Is Risen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo! Helps to know others are also in the state of "moving" too.

    I love getting things checked off my to do list. Guessing you have a pretty big list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo! Helps to know others are also in the state of "moving" too.

    I love getting things checked off my to do list. Guessing you have a pretty big list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is simply, elegantly, beautiful! I hope you find that serenity in your real life sometime very soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading this online Friday evening because I couldn't wait for tomorrow's email. As usual you didn't disappoint. Have a lovely family-filled weekend. Easter Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card in (one of) my favourite colour combinations. How is Daisy, haven't heard much since your move. Life will reorganise itself, you will make sure of that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter - God is GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That card is absolutely gorgeous, Susan, and I am gonna CASE it, if you're okay with that. I HATE MOVING, and so my sympathies are definitely with you! I hope that you are able to get things settled soon and that you have a very Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with your comment about Memento's blue inks - one is too pale (though great for sponging skies). They do greens so well - I'm hoping the new colours will do as good a job on blues.

    Lovely peaceful card! I understand why you want your life to look like that! Moving is very high on the list of stressful situations so I do sympathize with the chaos you're living in!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh. I trust by now the house has come together. Moving is painful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think more of us than not have rooms like that with multiple projects needing attention; however, most of us can't use the excuse that we're in the process of moving in have moved multiple times, so don't get disheartened. Your card absolutely screams "serene, peaceful, pretty." You'll get there, or you'll have fun trying.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!