Thursday, January 19, 2012

Heavy Hearts, Indeed

Cole Dieckman, the little boy with leukemia, passed away on Tuesday night. He received more than 2,500 cards for his birthday, and his family appreciates the outpouring of love and support from strangers all over the world. I thank those of my readers who participated in showering him with cards. My heart hurts for this family.

If you are interested in sending cards to Cole's family or making a donation to a memorial fund in his name, please visit his aunt's blog post here for information.

4 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you and the family. These are the moments that can really break everyones heart. I pray that they can find comfort to help them through this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man. Ugh. So Sad. God is control-no matter what. No matter what. Jesus cried-He knows our hurt, right?
    Thank you for letting us know the update Susan-even though heart wrenching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. Thank you, Susan, for letting us spread a little love and prayer to Cole and his family. I know our cards helped in a small way nothing else could, both for us so far away, and for Cole's family who were grateful for the kindness of strangers. A sympathy card for a child's family is so hard to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How devestating, my heart goes out to his family! I wish them strength in this difficult time.

    Petra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!