Monday, August 8, 2011

Of Pear Tart and Bad Memory

Memento's Pear Tart looks so festive and modern with SU's Real Red, doesn't it?


This card resembles others I've made using solid and outline images off-set from each other. To the best of my memory (which is notoriously bad, by the way), the idea came from one of Jennifer's OLW challenges using a line of greeting cards for inspiration. If fact, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if I made an almost identical card last year as part of that challenge.

I'd look it up except I am on vacation and feeling rather lazy. Whether I've done it before or not doesn't change the fact that I love this card immoderately. Fresh colors, classic white-on-white layout, sentiment in the "sweet spot" of the upper right corner...happy sigh!

Amy K. thought of me when she came across the following quotation, and I'm so glad she took the time to share it with me. It's wonderful, and it now resides in the subtitle of this blog because it really speaks to my philosophy of design.

"Style is a very simple way of saying complicated things." --Jean Cocteau


5 comments:

  1. How true is that quote!
    love your card too

    ReplyDelete
  2. A philosophy that suits you and the blog very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this card, and that surprises me! I'm a very traditional kind of person, especially for the holidays --- I want them exactly as they were all the Christmases of my life (which, of course, is impossible). But I love the modern look of this card, the almost-graphic style of it, and EVEN the non-traditional Christmas green trees....with a red outline? Wow, you surprised me, and I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that is a perfect quote for you. :) Love this card, and don't care if you did something similar before! Hope you're having a fabulous vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!