Tuesday, June 7, 2011

On the Fence

In keeping with yesterday's post about the joy of new stuff, I recently purchased a few new punches at Michael's, including this fab Martha Stewart fence border punch. The first version of this card used a kraft card base. It looked dreadful. Oh how I wish I had the gift of kraft. Alas, plain ol' white tends to work better for me. Especially when I stamp Memento Pear Tart on it. *swoon*


I'll bet there's no one else in the world who thinks that the name "pear tart" makes reference to ANYTHING but a fruity dessert. Am I right?

Supplies
stamps: Papertrey Through the Trees, Paper Tray
ink: Memento
paper: PTI
accessories: MS fence border punch, rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. This is very cute! Love it! But it might also be cute with a kraft fence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you devil! Are you calling those that show their pears...tarts????
    I totally concure...the ink is delightful!!And so is the card, as always!
    Lu C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful!
    Bright, cheerful, and calm at the same time.
    I'd like to spend some time just reading under that tree.
    Yoona

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab looking card and a great punch.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, that "other thing" was the first reference in my mind (thanks long ago to you) when I read the beginning of this post! Great card. I'm so gun-shy of MS longer punches. I have one and it won't punch hot butter. Any problems with this one?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! That fence is just gorgeous over that tree! I think that'd be a well-worth-it punch for over trees, houses, and flowers, even Halloween cats. If needed, you could make it shorter too, by just clipping off the bottom line. Okay, it's in my basket! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! The fence is a perfect accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!