Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Girly Birthday Card

While playing around with PTI's Sign Language, I came up with this very traditional CAS layout.



Those little squares are so versatile! I see myself making lots and lots of this layout in different colors and themes. The popping of the main matted image and the dots on the scallops (made with a Sakura Stardust pen) give this very simple, easy to duplicate card a bit of flair with a few basic supplies.

Supplies
stamps: PTI Sign Language
ink: Versacolor magenta, Palette noir
paper: SU pretty in pink, PTI white
accessories: square punches, scalloped square punch, dimensionals, Stardust pen

14 comments:

  1. Sweet, sweet, sweet. Each frame proportioned perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That "sign language" from PTI is looking more and more like a must-have, even though I completely passed over it when I first saw the set. The pink of this card is a beautiful bright pink. It's just a lovely card, something a birthday girl would love to get. I just love how you can come up with something like this with so few supplies. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pink is one of my least fav colors, I hardly ever use it... but leave it to you to make a cute little pink card that I really like :-) Very CAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout and colors. I find it really hard to work with a small image, but this card is super.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found your blog through your scs gallery! I absolutely adore your simplicity!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling little cupcake with the perfect frame!! I love the pretty pinks too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you can make such a tiny image so perfect.

    I have a box of tiny stamps I've never used because my mind's eye couldn't see how to "fill up" the rest of the card. Well Golly Gee Whiz why not fill it up with space? I think I'll try that. Thanks, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes the teeny stamps seem intimidating to use but this layout is a perfect use of a small stamp - I really like the lacy edge on the white layer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - simple and sweet! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may be a traditional CAS layout but you always make things look 'new'.
    Lovely girly card.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!