Friday, June 5, 2009

Classic CAS Layout #1





I've made lots of cards with this particular layout. Seems like I've seen it lots of places but never could put my finger on where, largely because it's a classic that's been around forever. From my Simplicity perspective, those are the best kinds of layouts. In fact, I used it on a whole set of cards for my very first post on this blog.

Then I saw THIS LOVELY CARD by Diane Cramer (fionna51 at SCS) and read her inspiration for it and thought, "YES!" I have a Life is Good tee in my dresser drawer with three citrus slices (orange, lemon, lime) on it. If only I had a citrus slice stamp, I'd use it for sure! Diane, thanks for making that connection for me and inspiring me to go straight to my craft room and make these two cards!

The tees don't have a line around them, of course, but for some reason, these cards begged for a line frame. Who am I to argue?

Simplicity Tip: For drawing line frames, I use a gridded, L-shaped, clear ruler. When I use the inside of the "L" to draw the lines, the corners look better than just using a straight-edge and trying to match the ends up. As you can see on the Lots of Love card, sometimes drawn lines don't turn out perfectly, but I am not a computer and can't be perfect. Sigh.

Hope you like these two classics!

Supplies for both cards:
cardstock: PTI white, SU!
stamps: Hero Arts clear stamps, PTI simple alphabet
ink: various (sorry, can't remember exactly, but not SU, probably chalk inks)
accessories: circle punches, MS scalloped circle, rhinestones, dimensionals, markers, black stickles



9 comments:

  1. Are you serious? These are so totally gorgeous - you need to pick me up off the floor. Thanks for the inspiration, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, I'm loving the drawn frames, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you do it, Susan? These cards are GORGEOUS!!!! I love the rhinestones on that first card--simply breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW.... You need to know that I am SO happy I stumbled on your blog a few weeks ago... So many of your creations have been "starred" in my Google Reader. I just LOVE the simplicity of you cards.... refreshing

    That's not to say I don't like some busyness to my cards too, but I love the freshness that I see here every time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you have a store where i can buy your finished cards? i love to send cards, yours are stellar dear lady!

    cheers, JoAnne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan these are both awesome!! I cant say which I like better! Perfect CAS! Have a Wonderful Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Love these sweet and simple cards. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are stunning! You really make simple look easy - when I know it isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another set of wonderful cards ....
    Love the colours you have used and as you say a true classic layout....
    You make it seem so easy but with such 'open' spaces there is no room for error ... fantastic work.
    Now if I could only get my lines that perfect .......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!