Thursday, June 18, 2009

CAS19 Sketch Challenge

Check out the details of CAS19. It's a sketch challenge using this card by Natasha (tashers). Isn't it wonderful!

I whipped out about ten other cards with this sketch in record time by following it literally, and I highly recommend using it when you need to get a set of cards together quickly. It's soooo versatile and easy.

These cards take a slighly different twist on the original. First up, I used a background stamp from Hero Arts rather than random stamping. I used Brilliance lime ink, a lime rhinestone, the word window punch, and dimensionals. The sentiment is from PTI and stamped in Palette noir ink.




Next, I got really adventurous with a text background stamp (these are all the rage lately), Brilliance pearlescent beige ink, and some embellies pulled from my neutral embellishments drawer: photo corners, prima flowers, buttons, and thread. I also used a tag punch for the sentiment, which is from PTI and stamped in PTI's vintage cream. Collage can be clean and simple! It's also hard to photograph...IRL the card is more balanced color-wise, but I did my best.



Finally, I dug out an old stamp from PSX to make a birthday card for my uncle (an ornithologist). I hate coloring in birds for him since he knows what they are supposed to look like (scientists can be so particular, go figure), so I usually opt for a simpler, monochromatic approach with his cards.



I hope you like these cards and take some time to play the CAS19 challenge. This will definitely be a "go-to" layout for me in the future.

8 comments:

  1. All three of these samples are just stellar. But I really had a chuckle over your uncle the orinthologist, by DH is a biologist and when the kids have a question it is a VERY involved answer (he is particular to say the least!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! This might be my go-to LO for Christmas cards...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! My favorite is the lime green it stands out so much against that black mat...Love the embellishment! I really like the white and taupe together too its so soft...Great job on all! Hugs...Cookie :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous trio of cards. Great idea to make the bird card monochromatic. And I think I'll try this sketch with a background stamp - didn't think of that - duh! Thanks for the inspiration, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all really terrific versions of the sketch but the first one is my favorite. I love the color green and something about the airiness of the vine pattern is so serene.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very beautiful set of cards. I couldn't choose a favourite as they are special in their own way :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of your takes one the CAS sketch. What a great idea for the feathers!! And I really like the idea of the embossed text background too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green one is my favorite!

    V-Grrrl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment!